Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Twitter Tour Northland

1 July 2011
I boarded a plane at 7.10am for the next exciting adventure. Dunedin – Christchurch, Christchurch Auckland. I sat beside a lady who was heading to Sydney and she recommended I visit the Hundertwasser toilets on my travels. It is the first time anyone has ever recommended toilets and to be honest I thought it was a crazy suggestion. (Little did I know) I left Dunedin in a severe frost and arrived in Auckland to the most amazing sunshine. Caroline picked me up at the airport and we got on the road – Thelma and Louise on a road trip north! Up the road we went to the turn off to Kaipara Flats where we detoured in to meet Tina (@Tinado) and Cameron (@camlockie). Had an awesome tour of the school – wahl – gorgeous setting, gorgeous school.




Tried to talked Tina and Cam into coming to educamp – no luck. ON the road again. Arrived at St Francis Xavier Whangarei about 2.30. Tour of the school with Craig, then met the staff and looked over the planning folders – curriculum mapping – and class learning journals. AMAZING! UI need to follow up on Chick Foote and Heidi Hayes Jacobs and learn more about this.
Off we went with Craig for a tour round Whangarei!







We went out for drinks with Craig and Anna to the Butter Factory and Thai dinner. Awesome night. Very excited about educamp Tai Tokerau tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment