Saturday, August 6, 2011

Time to reflect on the Twitter Tour...

3 August 2011 
Here I am at the airport again…
Today I am Wellington bound.  Liz is collecting me from the airport and I am spending the day with her at her new school in Petone! 

Airports are a great place for me to reflect and really relish the joy of this year.  I have been gifted the opportunity to go out there and learn.  Not only is the study stimulating, inspiring and challenging… it is fun!  Alongside this the travel and connecting has been AMAZING. 

I have just completed the semester one photo book of my Twitter Tour and this was a time for great reflection.  How unbelievable it is that I have so many friends around New Zealand.  With the connected, collaborative, ubiquitous nature of Web 3.0 I feel I am very well poised to make the most of opportunities as they come my way.   I have had this time to reflect on my teaching to date and I know that much of it is great and I love the way I set up my class programmes to provide a stimulating, fun environment.  I also know that this year has given me a wealth of opportunities to see the most amazing teachers in action, classrooms, practices… and I can take so much away from these experiences into my future teaching.  Indeed , a rare privilege.

A HUGE thank you to all the wonderful educators I have had the pleasure of connecting with this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment