Monday, August 8, 2011

Wellywood Weekend...

After a wonderful sleep-in I finally took time to catch up on my blogging!  Note to self - update as it happens!!!
Met @tania for a brunch at Coucou!  Wonderful chat, great to meet face to face and have such great conversation.  Yet again, the wonder of meeting a Tweet face-to-face really changes things...

Liz and I set off on an adventure starting at Queensgate for a bit of retail and nail therapy, followed by a tour of Lower and Upper Hutt, Wainuiomata, Petone, and Eastbourne!  Love being a tourist in Wellington!  So many great memories and photos.

Off to Wellington Aquatic centre to see my swimmer in action!

Great day in Wellywood! - http://ak365.posterous.com/217365

Sunday saw us off on another adventure.  First stop - Sacred Heart Petone for Liz's commissioning!
Then it was off to Maranui Cafe for lunch on the deck overlooking the water - MAGIC!  I have never been very fond of seagulls but they seem to have captured my imagination this trip (maybe as tweeters Paul).  Anyway, here's a little tribute to the birds in my day.

Next we were off on a whirlwind tour of the beaches and bays.  I had no idea the beaches around Wellington were so stunning!  I have tried to show where we drove to share the journey!
As you can see, we covered some territory and I took hundreds of photos.  I'm sure more will appear on here soon.  It truly was a magic weekend in and around Wellington.

Sunday night was capped off with seeing my swimmer win a bronze medal at the Nationals!

No comments:

Post a Comment