Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Stunning Saturday...

Awake early and all set for another adventure as I had north today…
First stop Owlcatraz!  I have always loved owl stories, legends, movies and sounds.  I love hearing the owls hoot in our garden but have never seen one, so when I heard about Owlcatraz it was a must visit.  Well, it certainly was everything I expected and much, much more…  I love the story of the starting of Owlcatraz and the recovery from the storm of 2008 when 600 trees were toppled.  It really is a taste of paradise and I am so delighted to have come face-to-face with owls.  The owl enclosure is AMAZING.  I cannot believe how cute they are…





Next stop Winchester School to meet my long time twitter friend @KiwiNomad08.  Thanks a million for a sensational tour of the school, scrumptious picnic lunch, lagoon visit to the coot’s nests, tour of Massey and hill jaunt.  




It was truly magic to meet you.  I can’t wait to check out your travel blog and follow your travels next year.  Thanks again for a magical Palmerston North time.

Next stop was the Plaza to meet my cousins.  It was amazing to meet Brad, who is over from Sydney for five days.  I really realise how privileged I am to have such a huge, close extended family. 

I finally arrived back in Taranaki tonight, in time for card games and watching the fireworks displays.  What a magical day.

No comments:

Post a Comment