Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lack of immunity...

Today is only day 11 back in class with my wonderful learners and here I am home in bed.  I have a very sore throat, a bark of a cough, can't decide if I am freezing or burning up and I ache all over.  I am really surprised that I feel so unwell, so soon in the year.  Has the year off softened me?  Have I not been exposed to enough germs to have developed immunity?  Is it the sheer shock of being back at the coalface?  I am absolutely loving every moment working with my class.  We are really setting up for an AMAZING year of learning.  I am absolutely NOT ENJOYING the sheer volume of meetings and paperwork, that I am really struggling to see making a direct impact on the child's learning.  Have I become cynical?  I am really concerned that I do not have the balance right... Maybe I am being too hard on myself, because it is only week three.  My focus is firmly set on an AMAZING experience for my learners.  Am I being unrealistic?  My head is a jumble of thoughts as I try to get it all in perspective...

No comments:

Post a Comment