Monday, January 28, 2013

A new chapter...

Today - no  more count down... The day is here! No more sleeps... As of today I  am a member of the CORE family! Yet again I woke up and had to pinch myself, is it real? Yes it really is...
What better way to start the day than meeting Jane at the Chinese gardens for a run! 5km around the water front! I can't say I enjoyed it because it was so incredibly hard to get back into it after a nine day break... But we managed it and good old run keeper congratulated me on a personal best in time! Then off I went to the Hot Salt Water pool where I swam 1 km! A truly MAGICal start to the day! Home I went to pack, download ERO reports, clear emails and read! Grant came home for a coffee and Katie came over for lunch and took me to the airport! I had an hour til my flight so I took the time to sit in the sun and catch up on my diary entries... The week of ICOT did not allow spare time to think, nor enough time to sleep so there certainly wasn't time for writing... All caught up now though! Now here I am on a plane bound for Christchurch! I have tonight for a MAGICal catchup with Pauline then tomorrow our first Bel day and Wednesday is CORE induction! It really is real! 

So, what then are my hopes and dreams for 2013? 
Learning - I eagerly anticipate more professional learning and development than I have imagined possible!
Networking - firstly, within my new CORE family, secondly within my Bel team, and thirdly within my new schools and teams...
Challenge - I expect to be challenged, shaken out of my comfort zone on a regular basis, and really stretched to best meet the needs of all I come into contact with...
Time management - one of my main goals for this year is to have a life as well as work! I want to manage my workflow so I have more time for my wonderful family and friends! 
Fitness - healthy mind, healthy body... I really want to increase my fitness... I am competing in the stadium to surf 10km run and I want to find many more fitness challenges...
Travel - already I know that 2013 is going to be along the lines of my dream year "twitter tour 2011" with many flights booked already... I want to use each and every trip to connect with new people and create new networking, new learning, new MAGIC
Storytelling - I want to continue the scrapbook story of my ancestors and my life.... Telling our story...
Mum's story - I want to film mum and tell her story - memories too precious not to be recorded...
iPad use - I want to extensively develop my use of and innovation with my iPad...
Apple user - my new apple laptop brings a whole new challenge to my year...
PD - I want to present my best ever presentation - e-literacy  at L@S
Reflection - continue to reflect and develop my reflection
SHARE - I want to share and collaborate whenever, whenever, however... 

Yay - 2013 - a beautiful year...

4 comments:

  1. Anne
    Just wanted to say again how thrilled that I am with your appointment and I am excited with the prospect of all the good and all the success that you will be able to have with teachers and your position this year. I am excited to see how it all pans out and look forward to reading about how it all goes. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Myles. You never cease to amaze me - you are so kind! I can hardly believe it is true - but I am soooo looking forward to it! I am sure to share my enthusiasm on here over the next few days!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Such an inspiring post from such an inspiring lady! Will follow the next chapter with interest x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Janine, thanks very much. I am soooo excited about this new chapter in my journey... We really must catch up soon please!

      Delete