Friday, February 8, 2013

MAGICtivity....

YAY a new word!!! Thanks Luke!  This word is pure MAGIC for today...

So much of today was surreal...

I had a sensational catchup with a very dear Principal friend for lunch.  It is always so amazing to catchup with a good friend you haven't seen for ages and the conversation just flows.... connecting right where you left off!! :)

This afternoon Jane and I went to the opened of the new/relocated St Mary's school.  Not long after getting out of the car I heard one of the new entrants call out - yay its Mrs K.  That sure was a great sound to hear... and it only got better.  As I came up to the gate I heard the class that would have been mine calling out to me.  The highlight was when one gorgeous girl called out "Mrs K, you've bought your daughter"  Jane's looking incredibly young or I've aged significantly.... teehee we laughed and laughed.  Well, the real MAGIC was in connecting with the learners, a chat or a hug with most... it sure was good for my soul....

Gaining the contract with CORE was confirmed after the end of the school year, so I had not had a chance to connect with or tell the learners or the families.  Today felt like my day to share the MAGIC! It really is hard to explain... the new school opening after 6 years in the planning and here I am not teaching in it!  Everything about where I am right now feels so incredibly right... 

Then tonight on twitter I read that I was the first to comment on the Room 6 blog and further along the conversation the word MAGICtivity was born - thanks Luke.... 

MAGIC + connectivity =MAGICtivity


 Magictivity- the acts and deeds of in the real and cyber world. ” LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment