Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A MAGIC day in class...

Sometimes you have an experience that you just have to blog about...

Recently I spent time in a class who are working 1:1 on iPads.  They have the most amazing flexible learning space and they are working on individualised learning programmes.  

I have made no secret of the fact that I believed 1:1 devices could cut down on the collaboration, interaction and discussion in the learning journey.  I now find I am more open and welcoming of the opportunities 1:1 affords.

I was very pleasantly surprised to experience: modelling; sharing; teaching; learning; challenging; justifying; questioning; inquiry; searching; summarising; and oh, so much more...

I was able to talk to a number of learners and hear their reflection on their journey.  These learners were clearly able to articulate their privilege; their choice of own pace learning; ubiquity of access; ability to work in high trust environment; opportunities for instant access to learning support; ability to record and re-visit learning; built in breaks... and much, much more.  

I am aware that this has most definitely not happened by chance or happened overnight... This programme is inspired by an enthusiastic, passionate teacher who is travelling a very exciting journey with these learners.

I will follow this journey with incredible interest as we journey a very exciting learning time for our students!

No comments:

Post a Comment