Saturday, September 21, 2013

Travelling to the opening…


Here we are in the air after an incredible frosty start… -4 at Momona Airport and quite some time spent de-icing the plane….






Today I am very fortunate to be travelling to Christchurch for the opening of the new inner city CORE office.  Time for me to reflect on the year to date…

I am constantly in awe of the way in which I have grown into this role.  I am surrounded by people who support, challenge, motivate, inspire, entertain, trust  and value me.  I am constantly reflecting on my practice, my thinking, my facilitating.  I spend each and every day connecting, networking and collaborating with people in my schools, my team, my company. 

How is it that this company identifies nurtures, and grows you in your strengths?  It is no accident or chance? It is a direct act, and continuing acts to identify your strengths, connect you with like minds and grow you in your passions and abilities. 

This week sees me take on a new aspect to my role, moderator of the literacy on line listserv.  I see this as another challenge, another opportunity to grow myself and really network and collaborate. 

How are we doing this in our schools and in our classes?  How do we develop a culture of āko? How do we identify and share the talents, strengths, passions of all our learners?  How do we allow them to grow and lead?

How do we track our journey? How do we encourage our learners to track their journey?


No comments:

Post a Comment