Well, I think this is the very first time I have committed words to the blog around our big trip. It is only twelve sleeps til we depart for Paris. I can hardly believe that a lifelong dream and visiting Paris and Venice are on the horizon. I thought it would be good to start sharing the build up and looking forward to the journey.
So far the things I am looking forward to most are:
· A holiday away with Grant
· Seeing the Eiffel Tower
· Travelling up the Eiffel Tower
· Cycling around Monet’s garden
· The night time illumination tour of Paris
· Walking around and soaking up all the sights and sounds
· Visiting Rome
· Getting a sense of history in Rome
· The leaning tower of Pisa
· The five fishing villages (strangely this is the thing I am most looking forward to – I think the photos I have seen have given it a MAGICal quality)
· Singapore (As long as the air there has cleared a lot)
I do not remember Grant and I ever having three weeks away together and I am really looking forward to time talking, dreaming, planning, enjoying, and not thinking about work. I am looking forward to exploring and relaxing, wining and dining. I am looking forward to experiences different ways of life and taking a zillion photos along the way. Most of all I looking forward to a relaxed time with Grant just enjoying our time.