Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Day 15... What's all the fuss about Valentine's day

WOW - February the 15th and here I am blogging about Valentine's day...
What is all the fuss about?
Why focus on one day?
Do we really need to put so much pressure on ourselves?

I am laughing out loud... I am beginning to sound like my husband! What a synic...

I could tap away here arguing the pros and cons of Valentine's Day for ever.  Part of me would argue that it is essential and MAGIC to set aside a day to realise your love for those around you.  

Equally I could argue how incredibly false it is to separate out your emotions and feelings and focus them on one day!

Increasingly in schools, we are seeing a genuine focus on relationship building and positive behaviour for learning, for life.  

Where are we at with at risk teenagers?  For some of our young Valentine's Day is torture... but that's another story, another post, another day...

Today I am going to focus on whanau.  Whatever your family determines as whanau and how you celebrate your time together. Wherever you are in the world, whanau love you, care for you and are there for you!  Celebrate the MAGIC that is your whanau everyday...

I am sharing a glimpse of the MAGIC of food today... as we started valentines day with pancakes and ended with a BBQ.  The best of times are with family sharing kai... wouldn't you agree....





No comments:

Post a Comment