Friday, February 27, 2015

The WHY of last minute panics... Day 27 #28daysofwriting

Teehee - I learnt a lot today... a lot about me, a lot about technology and a lot about perseverance...

Here is my creation on adobe voice which I was very happy with:

So just imagine my surprise when I realised I could not download the file or export and use it for next week....

So in kicked my perseverance, my bloody minded determination that I would not be beaten.  Crowd sourcing for support - twitter, txt, skype, email and quicktime seemed like my best solution....

Two hours ++ later and this is what happened... I used Quicktime to screen capture the video, and separately capture the audio.  

Now - how to put it all back together?

iMovie was my first choice... and after much trial and error and googling I was able to layer the audio and video back together to create an mp4 clip that I was able to export, then upload to Google Drive.

What did I learn today?

  • Persevere, persevere, persevere
  • Ask for and accept help
  • Be prepared to spend a lot of time
  • Celebrate success when you get there!!
So what does the finished version look like?

Not as good as the original out of Adobevoice but I am happy with it nevertheless.


So mission accomplished and a whole lot of learning along the way.  This was an incredibly powerful journey for me as I learn to persevere and explore and use new digital tools.

And the icing on the cake for me tonight... 
A glass of red wine and viewing all of the videos of my colleagues... oh we are such an incredible talented, diverse and talented bunch.

Roll on Monday when we are all together and the real MAGIC begins!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment