Thursday, February 19, 2015

Walk in their shoes... and you walk in mine... Day 17 #28daysofwriting

My all time favourite lecturer Dennis McLaughlin always shared this, "never judge me til you walk 39 days in my mocassins."

I have always loved that phrase and have it as a mind-set.  I try to hold my judgements.  I try to walk alongside.  I try to be there.

This year we are having the privilege of taking this phrase into our work role.  Rather than facilitating alone we are working in teams, in a way, walking in each other's mocassins.  

Until you have been on camp, on a roadie, had a sleep over, or holidayed together you often do not know important 'outside work' aspects of your colleagues.  This year is rich with opportunities to grow, learn, travel, share, be together with our colleagues and I am loving it.  

In our roles we often work across a number of teams and have the opportunity to be with colleagues!

Thank you to my colleagues.  I am loving BEING with you, TRAVELLING with you, LAUGHING with you, SHARING with you, FACING CHALLENGES with you, but above all, I am loving walking a little way in your mocassins.  I am loving hearing your story, your whanau story, your dreams and your passions, you hopes and your fears!

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!!!
TOGETHER WE ARE MORE, MUCH, MUCH MORE THAN WE ARE ALONE!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment