Sunday, March 8, 2015

Coaching Digital Learning Day 4 #28daysofwriting

I am finding it exceptionally challenging to make time in my week for this MOOC.  


Today I caught up with Jennie and we talked for ages.  She is on an exciting Science learning journey this year and part of her role is the time to read and reflect.  I reminisced about 2011 when I had a study leave year and read voraciously and studied at leisure.  I LOVE reading and LOVE new learning.  I NEED to find time in my day for it!

I wonder if I set aside 1/2 an jour a day if I could commit and make a dent in my reading pile???

How do you manage to keep up with your reading and learning commitments?

As I complete Unit 1 I have set up my Instructional Technology Coaching Action Plan and I am working through these reflections...

What is an Instructional Technology Coach?

How can an Instructional Technology Coach help me?

How do I contact my Instructional Technology Coach?


I am also reflecting again on the goals for this course and making sure I am committing... 


Goals for Participants
Understand the role of instructional technology coaches in guiding educators to integrate technology effectively;
Explore the potential of web-based tools to enhance your Professional Learning Network (PLN) and knowledge base as a coach, as well as facilitate connections with educators worldwide (Twitter, Zite, Pinterest, Flipboard, Facebook, Blogs);
Understand and apply frameworks, like the Technological Pedagogical And Content Knowledge (TPACK) framework and Substitution, Augmentation, Modification, and Redefinition (SAMR) as guides to the best intersection of curricular standards, sound pedagogy choices, and technology;
Explore strategies to support classroom teacher practices that enhance students’Collaborative work, Communication with multiple audiences, Critical thinking, andCreativity (Four C’s);
Deepen your understanding of the elements of Digital Citizenship to coach both educators and students toward digitally safe learning environments and habits;
Experience personalized application of your new learning and job-embedded practice;
Create an Instructional Technology Coaching Action Plan that serves as a scaffold for guiding your colleagues and others toward effective digital learning; and
Contribute to the learning of others who participate in the course.

2 comments:

  1. One of the goals the programme sets for us is to work out how we are going to make our reading time sustainable when we get back into the classroom, how do we make it part of our routine. I think that half hour set aside is a great way to accomplish that reading goal - #28daysofreading ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhh love that idea... #28daysofreading.... 1/2 hour a day sounds very manageable....
    Sooo good to catch up with you again today!!!! Love love love our chats! The value of face to face time with the members of our PLN is the glue that holds it all together and sustains us for future chats... just been reading and writing about that on my blog... Have a fabulous week!
    Ame K

    ReplyDelete